Tuesday 9 May 2017

On 9th May 2016 the very same day I flew to New York.


It was my first trip via air plan and I went to a place which I always wanted to go and visit.
It was in my bucket list to visit Statue of Liberty’s island and to click some beautiful pictures of NYC from the other side of the city.

I landed in USA on May 9, 2016 (acc to US), spent a week (8 days) and got the opportunities to create the best memories or I would say one of the best chapters of my life book. Through different experiences like meeting lot of amazing and inspiring people such as Gouri Didi, Paul Sir, Xerxes Sir, Fally Malkani, Shikha Bhakoo, Girish Bhakoo, Kaitlin Fusco and many other…..(please forgive me if I missed out your name).

By visiting places like, first my favorite Statue of Liberty’s Island or Liberty Island and Ellis island, to 9/11 Museum, Central Park to Grand Central Railway Station to The Museum of City of New York, Brooklyn Bridge to Empire State building….. ohh Haa ! how can I forget TIMES SQUARE….the heart of Manhattan or New York.
From food to shopping, and had lot of fun with my other family (Gouri didi, Paul Sir, Drew , Maya and Joe , Tula and my buddy Chewie.)

The trip was funded by Akanksha - a non-profit organization works with a dream of “ one day all children will be equipped with QUALITY EDUCATION”.
Thank you so much Akanksha and all for supporting and working with Akanksha and for your contribution to Akanksha directly and indirectly.

I was called as one of the speakers at the 25th anniversary of Akanksha’s Gala event to talk about my life.

My journey, right from a book seller at traffic signal to tour guide of Mumbai is nothing but just small example possibilities of positive changes. People believe that I have an inspiring story and I believe, because I have been helped by many inspiring people that’s why I too have an inspiring life.
Thank you so much everyone for supporting and guiding me in my journey. This is the beginning, I have to go a long way please do support me the way you have been doing.


No comments:

My Trip to a SIN CITY: Las Vegas

My Trip to a SIN CITY: Las Vegas Hello All, I am Salman Sayyed, and I visited Las Vegas in December 2017. Not so long ago. Las Vegas i...